Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: We got Invited to an American Girl Fashion Show!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mygirlsdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am like so excited...Of course it cost some kind of money. We are rearranging our finances to try and go. The key word try.

    You can even choose to be in the Fashion Show (at $150 price tag) But, you can go have an Addy's Celebration Breakfast, Molly's All American Lunch, or/and Samantha's Victorian Tea...Each are priced at $25-45.

    My DH surprised me by saying we should totally go, since it is like a once in a lifetime thing and the girls would remember this forever.

    I would only take my two oldest, not the baby...The thing is, my Niece lived with us for over a year and I got her into American Girl. She loves American Girl! I just can't afford to take her and wish so much I could.

    Anyway, thought I would share my joy!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tallpkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2006
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We're going to one, too! And my youngest (9 y/o) is possibly going to be a model! The fittings/photo shoot is this Saturday, and I'm praying that it works out! Our fee/donation for the event is $27.50, with $18 of it being a tax write-off.

    Hope it works out for both of us!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner flowerinaag's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to one in Santa Barbra!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mygirlsdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So Cool!

    Is anyone going to the one in Houston? (like, hopefully, me)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's so exciting! I've been to a fashion show and I think a Samantha luncheon? They are really fun... I'm so glad you might go!

  6. #6
    AG Crazy in Wyoming
    Guest AG Crazy in Wyoming's Avatar

    Post

    We're going to one in Denver the end of the month. Enjoy your family outing!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member greenrs329's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2006
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As most of you know, my DD is going to be in one in two weeks. We are supposed to raise the money instead of just paying. We have elected to make bracelets and sell them. There will be photos on here of the doll size ones likely tomorrow (they are done, just need photos now). Will post tomorrow!!
    Congrats on the invitation and good luck getting a modeling position!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member keristars's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 14th, 2006
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool! I volunteered for one about ten years ago, when it was presented by a non-profit group in town that my best friend's mom was a member of. Everyone who participated did so on a volunteer basis, and all the proceeds went to their charity.


    It was a lot of fun, even though I wasn't really sure what was going on. I was thirteen, after all, and dirt poor compared to most of the people I saw there. Plus, it was held in the wealthiest part of town. But I got to see all the cool things while I rolled my cart along and refreshed drinks, so I think it was totally worth it!


    This was, by the way, back before Josefina's debut, or at least, it was before she became part of the fashion show, so it has probably changed since then. But they had order forms where you could order the dresses that the models wore for yourself - if you were the right size. ;P And there were tables set up with displays of all the books and things, like posters and bookmarks, but I don't recall having the actual dolls there, except what all the little girls brought with them.

    I wish I could remember more, but most of the rest of my memories are of the building itself, because I spent a lot of time standing in a corner and looking out a window at the gardens and rain and river. It was rather noisy and crowded, and I remember that I had a bit of a meltdown at one point. So I guess it's probably really cool that I rememer as much as I do, since I usually blank out on everything surrounding a meltdown experience. [img]tongue.gif[/img]


    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member mygirlsdolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2005
    Posts
    194
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks so much Keri, for your experience...Sounds like fun and a once in a lifetime thing!

    Well, it's official, we are going and my 8-year-old DD is going to be one of the Models! It is just in between the shows and the lady told me they only allow 10 girls per set. So, it is very limited. We just happened to be one of the first to call though...The Invites just went out on Thursday and we received it on Monday.

    Today is her birthday and this is part of her Birthday Gift from her aunt and us. She is so excited!

    My two oldest DD's, My Mother, My Sister, and I are all going to be going to Molly's Lunch. We are all excited!

    Being in Houston and only dreaming about going to one of the AGPL, this is a big thing for us...I drool every year when the MCM Benefit sale comes up or anyone talks about the Oshkosh outlet...Only wishing it would be down the street from where I live. So, for it to be right here...I am so excited!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ihatejasmyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    <marquee>If anyone goes to the sb one maybe we can meet up!</marquee>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •